What do you give an open source software project that's got (almost) everything? Drupal's got friends and lovers, brains and passion, a sense of humor, talent, experience, hard earned income, simplicity and gravitas. It didn't have its own Manifesto. I think that's something it needs. Since Drupal is a Doacracy, here it goes. I hope you will sign and comment.
Happy Birthday Drupal.
The Drupal Manifesto
we are not developers, site builders, end users or consumers;
we are Drupalists - and our reach exceeds everyone's expectations;
we make it so.
- Drupal is forever. It is more than code, more than a community, even more than an open source culture.
- Drupal is a value, a state of mind. It is embodied by code, renewed by a community and advanced by culture.
- Drupal is art. Drupalists are artists. We create everyday. We convey meaning. We inspire. We evoke.
- Drupal is people. Drupal will reach everyone on the planet everyday and will make life more livable and joyous.
- Drupal is the medium and the message. Drupal is the fabric of a Global Digital Metropolis.
- Drupal is innovation and integration. It enables innovation and integration for others and it eats its own dog food.
- Drupal is profit. It is win, win, win.
- Drupal is big and small - Mom and pop and big bro too.
- Drupal is free and always will be.
- Drupal is not free and never will be. It requires care and feeding.
- Drupal is an investment. The more you put in the more you will get out. Drupal is meant to be learned.
- Drupal is what you want it to be.
- Drupal is not for everyone. If you are not a part of it leave us alone. Do something else. No hard feelings.
Visit www.drupalmanifesto.drupalgardens.com to sign and comment. CNAME and all to come.