For years Drupal has been known for its powerful content management capabilities. Many large companies leverage Drupal for its rich features and vibrant community of contributors. More recently Drupal has caught the eyes of many developers as a viable framework for web application development. Enterprises shifting from a .NET development environment may find some of Drupal, PHP's, and the LAMP stack in general a bit challenging to fully adopt.
Watch our recorded webinar on Acquia TV where we explore some of the basic concepts of the Drupal system from a developers perspective, discuss some of the basics of PHP and compare Drupal's hook system to the .NET event model. The webinar provides a general overview of the Drupal system and architecture for .NET developers interested in aquiring the Drupal development skill set.
- Basic principals and features of the Drupal CMS.
- Overview of the Drupal community and culture.
- A quick look at the PHP programming language and the LAMP stack in general.
- Applying OO concepts to Drupal design patterns.
- A review of popular tools and resources to further develop your Drupal skills.